Friday, December 16, 2011

Peer review

I got a lot out of the peer review last week and even more out of the individual conference. The people around me were able to give me some good advice for my paper and were able to point out events in the book I had forgotten and brought up things I could relate to my thesis. Ms. Knapp helped me out even more! I was a bit lost in how to incorporate all the characters with the psychological point of view. Although Mac was extremely easy to show evidence for and Jim wasn’t too hard I was having a lot of problems with London. The advice I got from everyone helped me out so much, I was able to see how the characters can relate better with my argument, I found better words to express these ideas, and was able to find better quotes with some help. I was also able to read a couple of the other essays, which had some very good points and gave me some inspiration. I believe the peer review was really helpful, but the individual conference even more so. Getting to sit one on one with the teacher to find what’s weak in the essay and what you’ve got down is so much help, especially when it has to do with a final!

No comments:

Post a Comment